Sector: Public Sector
Assignment: Organisation of Back Office, Work Streams, Core Purpose & Project Priorities
The highly specialist Team, working within a Directorate in one of the largest organisations in Scotland’s Public Sector, faced enormous challenges in delivering project outcomes against a background of structural change, extremely high volumes of work with regional, national, European & International implications, tight time scales, & insufficient resourcing.
• To assist the Head of Team to take head on the huge challenges faced
• To increase the performance of individuals & of the team
• To establish core purpose & visualise sector positioning
• To increase consistency of outcome delivery, records management, & asset management
• To change behavioural practices across the Team to deliver greater efficiency & effectiveness
• Use of Coaching techniques including GROW
• Regular Team meetings
• Feedback loops
• Use of Emotional Intelligence
Early establishment of the Team’s core purpose lead to clarity of key project delivery requirements over the twelve-month period being identified. Project requirements were supported through the evolution of back office systems to meet project needs including the creation of an ‘asset register’ to speed up location, use & the necessary updating of critical documentation.
Assigning responsibilities & accountability for discrete work streams to individuals & management of those work streams during individual team members’ absence due to operational requirements ensured project delivery on time.
Greater awareness of the role each individual team member played in delivering both the larger picture & the specifics related to their own work streams enhanced interaction & mutual support within the team resulting in substantial gains in team & personal efficiency & effectiveness.
©Myron Partnership 2011Download Article 1K Club