Follow the arrow to the left lower quadrant, or LLQ. What happens when we focus too much on our professional lives to the neglect of our personal lives, the negatives, or “downsides”?
- Isolation and loss of personal relationships
- Poor health, physical, mental and emotional
- Loss of identity outside work – as spouse, parent, friend
Follow the arrow again, this time crossing at the midpoint to the right upper quadrant, to the upsides, or positives, of focusing on our personal lives. We’re starting to feel better as we consider three results of focusing on our personal lives.
- Less burn-out
- More drive and fewer regrets
- Time to spend with family and friends.