The following article was contributed by: http://www.thecoachingtoolscompany.com/
Meditation calms our mind, relaxes our body and soothes our spirit. For coaches, having a few guided meditation scripts up our sleeve can be really helpful – whether it’s to calm down a harried client, start off a workshop or just help clients connect with themselves and slow down. Here are 3 guided meditation scripts for you to use with your clients for relaxation and calm.
Tip: Make sure to speak slowly and softly. I actually have a different ‘voice’ I use when I help my clients with guided meditations.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Anything in square brackets […] is NOT to be said out loud, they are a note for you to do something eg. [pause].
This guided meditation script uses Ericksonian Hypnosis and NLP techniques to allow the client to imagine for themselves what calm looks like – and how to bring this into their lives.
• I invite you to take a deep breath and when you’re comfortable, begin to close your eyes [pause].
• I wonder if you would take a moment to imagine yourself being more calm, peaceful and focused [pause].
• And as you allow your unconscious mind to naturally conjure an image of what that would feel like; consider what you might be seeing [longer pause], hearing [longer pause] and what you might be feeling [longer pause] that shows you are more calm, peaceful and focused [pause].
• And perhaps you are already feeling more calm, peaceful and focused [pause].
• If not, notice that your unconscious mind can reveal how you might do this [longer pause].
• Now, maybe you can think of a simple way to incorporate this feeling of calm into your life in the days and weeks ahead [longer pause].
• And after you have done that, know that it really can be this easy to create a little more peace and calm in your life [pause].
• So, I invite you now to take a breath for a moment, and begin to move your attention back to the room, listening to the sounds around you and begin to open your eyes [pause].
Finally you can ask something like: “So, how was that? What did you learn?”
You can also use this exercise as a basis to coach the client around creating more calm in their lives.