1. Roadmap for Implementing Value Driven Healthcare in the Traditional Medicare Fee-for Service Program, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, US Dept. of Health and Human Services, April 2010
2. Safran DG, Taira DA, Rogers WH, Kosinski M, Ware JE, Tarlov AR. Linking primary care performance to outcomes of care. J Fam Pract. 1998;47:213-220.
3. Medicare Program: Hospital Inpatient Value-Based Purchasing Program, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, US Dept. of Health and Human Services, Jan 2011
4. Cassatly M, Stakeholder Partners: The New Landscape in U.S. Healthcare, Journal of Medical Practice Management, Vol 26:4, 199-202, Jan/Feb 2011
5.Institute of Medicine, To Err is Human: Building a Safer Health System, 1999
6. Shreve J, Van Den Bos J, Gray T, Halford M, Rustagi K, Ziemkiewicz E, Economic
Measurement of Medical Errors, Society of Actuaries, Milliman, June 2010
7. Medical Teamwork and Patient Safety, AHRQ Publication No. 05-0053
8. Cassatly M, Coaching the Patient-Physician Relationship: A Successful Approach to
Lower Healthcare Costs with Improved Medical Outcomes, J Med Prac Manage, Vol 25:4, 229-234, Jan/Feb 2010
9. Cassatly M, Bergquist W, The Broken Covenant in US Healthcare, J Med Prac Manage, Vol 27:3, 136-139, Nov/Dec 2011
10. Cassatly M, Mitsch D, The Successful Application of Business Coaching to
Decrease Preventable Medical Errors, J Med Prac Manage, Vol 27:2, 107-109, Sept/Oct 2011
11. Sloan F, Mergenhagen EM, Burfield WB, Bovbjerg RR, Hassan M. Medical malpractice experience of physicians: predictable or haphazard? JAMA. 1989;262:3291-3297
12. Hickson GB, Clayton EW, Githens PB, Sloan FA. Factors that Prompted Families to File Medical Malpractice Claims Following Perinatal Injuries. JAMA. 1992;267(10):1359-1363.
13. Hickson GB, Clayton EW, Entman SS, Miller CS, Whetten-Goldstein K, Sloan FA. Obstetricians’ Prior Malpractice Experience and Patients’ Satisfaction wit Care. JAMA. 1994;272(20):1583-1587.
14. Levinson W, Roter, Mullooly JP, Dull VT, Frankel RM. Physician-Patient Communication: The Relationship with Malpractice Claims Among Primary Care Physicians and Surgeons. JAMA. 1997;277(7):553-559.
15. Beckman HB, Markakis KM, Suchman AL, Frankel RM. The Doctor-Patient Relationship and Malpractice: Lessons from Plaintiff Depositions. Arch Intern Med. 1994;154(12):1365-1370.