Dr. Marcia Ruben interviewed Phil Dixon, CEO, and founder of the Oxford Brain Institute and thought leader in neuroscience and coaching, on May 14, 2021. The focus was on what coaches need to know about the brain and threat triggers to be more effective coaches.
Some of the themes that were identified
- Learning about how the brain functions unlocks keys to improve leadership effectiveness
- Our brain is built to ensure our survival
- Our brains are working perfectly, and they just haven’t been upgraded to meet today’s complex demands
- Sharing information about how our brains function with clients is useful
- Implementation Intentions, repeated five times and accompanied with a visual image, can hasten the development of new habits
- Awareness of personal threat triggers can assist clients in accelerating their effectiveness