Sector: Recycled Materials
Assignment: Assessment of the client’s existing strategy for growth immediately after completion of an extended launch phase
This North American client had been trading on-line for a period of time retailing high value fashion items made from recycled materials. The introduction related to potential expansion into European markets through distribution agreements with major top-end retailers. After initial discussions it became clear that the strategy underpinning the organisation’s potential for growth was unfocused and ill defined.
• To establish clarity with client around values, vision and core purpose
• Use these findings to inform the business strategy, particularly positioning and differentiation for possible expansion into Europe.
• To assist client develop a clear strategy for their on-line, mainly North American, market and to consider amendment and expansion of the existing business strategy into European markets.
• To assess potential distribution opportunities in UK to assist with entry into European markets.
• Desk based research and analysis
• Workshops with client to establish focus around their business strategy
• Sourcing potential European distribution partners based in UK.
Establishing values, vision and core purpose of the organisation helped the owners recognise the real potential of their brand and expanding product range including significant pricing options.
Recommendations included that they retain their focus for the foreseeable future in North America and predominantly, though not exclusively, on-line.
With these findings, along with other recommendations, the client made adjustments to their existing business strategy successfully gaining distribution into some of the major North American up-market distribution networks for the first time.
Successful introductions were made to specialist distributors in the UK already working in the recycled materials sector in Europe and beyond.
©Myron Partnership 2011Download Article 500 Club